Have I made a schoolboy error with a 5mm eye piece?

the lemming

I have made my first purchase of a 5mm eye piece for my telescope in the hope of viewing planets and little green men skipping around on the moon's surface.

Please advise if I have made a sensible choice or if I've just purchased a useful paperweight?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-25-5mm-BST-Explorer-Dual-ED-eyepiece-Branded-Starguider-/380547862433?pt=UK_Telescope_Eyepieces&hash=item589a6b8fa1

The BST eyepieces are excellent even high mags have good eye relief you will be very satisfied with your purchase and if not just Contact Alan at Sky's the Limit he will exchange or refund, but ive a feeling you will keep it and want more ive got the 8 and 18mm and want more.

Wait until you get it, put it in then aim it at Jupiter.

Then tell us if you have.

I have the full set and I am keeping every one of them, and if they did more then the set of 6 they do I would get them as well.

It's Clanger's on the moon and soup dragons.

Wait until you get it, put it in then aim it at Jupiter.

Then tell us if you have.

I have the full set and I am keeping every one of them, and if they did more then the set of 6 they do I would get them as well.

It's Clanger's on the moon and soup dragons.

Now that I have an eye piece which will allow me to see the knitt pattern on the clangers, what wide angle eye piece would you suggest I get to compliment the kit 25mm eye piece that came with my man toy?

Cheers

You might try something like the Revelation 32mm Plossl. Unless you can go to a 2" ep (which are significantly more expensive) I don't think there are that many options for a wider field of view.

James

Archived