TS Optics 2.5 APO barlow - a rebranded what?

StarSteve

The stuff I've had from TS (mostly via Modern Astronomy) has all been very good - TS 6mm planetary eyepiece, telepack clamp to put a DSLR on the end of my counterweight bar, a 2.5x barlow like this one, DK3 dual axis drives. Possibly other things I've forgotten.

Oh, I should perhaps add that I've been extremely happy with this barlow. I've used it in my little 70mm ED scope (that's another product that TS sell) and for planetary imaging with my C8, as in this shot of Jupiter from November.picture.php?albumid=1889&pictureid=14479

Oh, I should perhaps add that I've been extremely happy with this barlow. I've used it in my little 70mm ED scope (that's another product that TS sell) and for planetary imaging with my C8, as in this shot of Jupiter from November.

Thanks. And great picture.

Regarding TS quality: I don't have anything optical from them but they are well stocked on all kinds of adaptors and that sort of thing.

Steve

Thanks - but i should perhaps add that there's some chromatic aberration showing in this image, and I'm not sure it's atmospheric given than Jupiter was pretty high in the sky that night. I wonder whether the "APO" claim on this barlow is stretching things a bit. Having said that, it was a very affordable (my wife paid for it, he he) upgrade from the basic SW barlow I had before.

I had the Revelation branded version of this barlow for a while and found it pretty good for visual observing. It reminded me of the Celestron Ultima 2x which is a compliment as the latter had great optics.

Put me down as another very happy user of the 2.5x Revelation barlow. All the Jupiter images I've posted in the planetary section this apparition were created using it, as were all my Mars images from its last apparition.

James

Archived