Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What do you do with your empty boxes?

A daft question, what do you do with the boxes your scope and accessories come in?

I try to keep mine in case I ever need to return anything. Or, if I decide to sell anything, it will have its original box, possibly a good selling point.

There is no problem storing empty boxes for ep's or smaller accessories but what do you do with the box for a C11 or larger scope? It won't go under the bed, it won't fit through the trap into the loft, the wife complains about it on the spare room bed.....

Mine are in the garage waiting to go to the dump. I reckon if I ever sell my scope or mount it will be collection only so does'nt seem much point cuttering up the place. Smaller items that I might need to post are different obviously

I'm like you Ron, I try to keep all my boxes for as long as possible in case I need to return anything, they normally stay in the spare room for a while or in the loft, but it is usually the wife who eventually moves them first into the garage, and finally outside for the collection. Fortunately this is normally at a point when I am happy that I will no longer need them. It then makes room for more boxes.

Phil

My 150's packaging is currently insulating the garage and a blooming good job it's doing too.

I'm a box hoarder and the missus goes on a cull every now and again by wrapping her eBay stuff in them!

In our house any boxes get lobbed in the back of the garage until I can't fight my way in there any more. Then I have a tidy up, fold them flat and stack them away properly. The whole process takes approx 18 months.

Stick it on fleabay. You never know, someone crazy may pay large sum of money for one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200874156314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/Eyepieces/Number/567820/page/2/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

I keep mine in the loft, just in case I need to sell it in the future. You can put it in a garage or a shed, or flatten it and keep it behind you sofa.

Archived