Televue Radian

Szeth

I'm considering buying one or two radians that have come up for sale. It's a 5 and 6 mm that's on sale for about 100£ each.

Anyone got experience with theses eyepieces, and does the price seem reasonable?

I'm considering buying one or two radians that have come up for sale. It's a 5 and 6 mm that's on sale for about 100£ each.

Anyone got experience with theses eyepieces, and does the price seem reasonable?

Yes, I have the 4, the 8 and the 10, the two shorter ones bought used. I think it's very hard indeed to imagine a better hundred quid's worth. I have a Meade SWA 16 and the Radians are just a tad ahead on CA, though the SWA has very little. The Radian is a very 'easy' EP which is good for me since many beginners use them. Also they are good for those who observe in glasses. The click stop eyecup is excellent, better than the twist up on the Meade in my view. The Radians are sharp and contrasty but not as 'engaging ' as the Naglers with their giant FOV.

When star testing scopes for Astronomy Now I compared my 10 Radian with a visiting 9 Nagler. The apos under test gave perfect diff circles on axis in both EPs but at the edge of field they were almost perfect in the Radian and perfect in the Nagler. In focus the Radians are literally sharp to the edge, though.

All in all a very classy eyepiece and easy to sell on should you wish, because of the justifiable reputation and superb eye relief.

Olly

I think Olly sums it up very well, "I think it it very hard indeed to imagine a better hundred quids worth" I have had the 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, & 10mm, I still have the shorter two. They are very good indeed. I would also say they are always going to be worth that too. If for any reason you don't like them you will loose little or nothing.

Alan.

I've had the 14mm, the 18mm and still have the 10mm and 8mm. Everything said about is spot on. Price seems find for ones in good condition - try and find them with original caps and box as some people seem fussy about that sort of thing when it comes to selling on

Archived