Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Space Station Through Telescope

Second attempt ISS (ZARYA) International Space Station Through Telescope.

Equipment 4" MTO11CA Russenton Telescope and Canon 550D in crop mode ( + Extra Zoom from video editor ) All hand tracked on tripod!!

Enjoy! happy0034.gif

Very nicely done. I wonder it would be worth trying to stack the images?

James

It would take a bit of time , you would have to go through the footage frame by frame and remove the frames without the station and the all the bad ones, its a big possibility

It would take a bit of time , you would have to go through the footage frame by frame and remove the frames without the station and the all the bad ones, its a big possibility

Could be worth trying PIPP to see if it will do that for you. Chris (cgarry) might be able to comment on whether that's viable or not.

James

• 1 year later...

..........Interesting to see how it looks as it usually resembles a tie fighter when I've been able to follow it.............

I have just tracked it a few hours ago and you are spot on with it resembling a tie fighter.  The clarity of the shape was excellent at x106 (more than a simple 'H' in my eyepiece), hand tracking this object is great fun. It shifts so fast, offering little time for alignment errors !

Excellent video, hard to believe it's over 200 miles away. The vid has inspired me to have a go and I'll start a new thread asking for some guidance on how to auto track with my scope

Thanks!! A40farinagolf its very hard to do.. you have to track it by hand, i think when you have a dobson you will get amazing results!! yesterday i folowed it with my Apogee RA88 bino and it was beautiful :0)

Archived