Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Back to the Bubble

Jessun

I recently got a push forwards by fellow imagers in processing, so it makes sense that I revisit some old data.

First up is the Bubble nebula. I'll let you judge if it's better or worse. The improvements as I see it is that proper use of PixInsight's DBE tool opens up the target for a softer but more effective editing. Stretching basically becomes easier to do before noise sets in.

I've attached a comparison between my two edits to highlight the difference. I have lost some of the red but was it really there in the first place or a result from overzealous stretching and saturation boosts? Feedback, good or bad is always most welcome from anyone looking!

Here's again the 8 hours worth of data using the sig kit, but having an OSC it's really hard to pull out the deep Ha. I crave a mono and that 3nm Astrodon Ha filter! :grin:

Thanks for your time!

/Jessun

Image:

gallery_16323_1516_1758252.png

Comparison from last version using same data, but not the DBE tool:

gallery_16323_2313_246914.jpg

Hi Jessun, You are completely correct in saying that it is very easy to

over stretch your images , I think this is one of the hardest things to

keep under control, as a bit more stretch gives way normally to a bit more

that we can see in the picture you are processing, I think nearly all Astrophotographers

have been guilty at some point or another of over stretching there images.

Some times little, is more, your bubble is very nice indeed , nice star shapes and of course

not over processed, looking at the comparison the new latest version does not look so noisy

making for a smoother image, looks very natural.

well done.

Paul.

I agree. The new one looks much sharper and cleaner. It is a sign of a good bubble image when it actually looks like a shiny 3d bubble from a bubble wand! Nice image.

A minor thing i notice in the reprocess is that the bright star to the bottom right of the bubble has changed from blue in the original process to white with a slight green tint to it. I'm not convinced of the accuracy of the green tint.

Archived