Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from shifnal in shropshire .

Badger boo

Hi all, my name is baz and have just bought myself a pair of 10x50 bins and a mini stargazer pack. Thought i would keep it simple at first, and try and learn a few constellations.

I have read a bit about telescopes ,and what would be good, and not so good for beginners but i have refrained from just jumping in at the deep end .

Baz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Baz and welcome to the forum. To help you further learn the sky and know where some great objects are, you might like to consider downloading some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can read about here. Plenty of features to keep you entertained and you can adjust what is revealed to you which is a useful way of testing what you've already learnt. It can also be calibrated to match the exact same sky you can view from your observing location. In addition to this, you might also want to take a look at this site which has been constructed by a member here to help those who are observing with binoculars and which provides a monthly list of suitable objects to view. Hope you find both of these useful. :smiley:

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi EBXL5 , I live a few miles outside telford, a palce called shifnal not so much light pollution ....thank god lol.

We do get some nice dark nights ,

Is Naughty Nels still there? It's been a long time since I've been to Shifnal.

Archived