Narrowband

NexStar 4 SE AC Power supply

As I will mainly use this at home I am looking for a ac power supply to power it. Cannot find one on the several telescope sites I looked at. Any suggestions?

thanks

ps I don't want a power pack but a wall transformer.

I bought this power supply for my Nexstar 8SE, so far it works brilliantly. I accept it is a little over priced, but I have no qualms about spending the money on it, feels like a decent supply. Only thing the cable from the power brick to the plug is a little short as I keep mine in a weatherproof box.

I run mine as below :

123vbiq.jpg

Should be fine, I just have an RCD in the kitchen, a weather resistant outdoor extension cable to a weather resistant enclosure, inside which sit the AC adapter and 12v transformer for me dew heater, I keep a few silica gel bags in there to help with moisture and so far had no issues. After 4 hours of usage I checked the temperatures inside and the power brick/transformer were barely warm to the touch and none had any condensation on them, this was in sub zero winter temperatures so I'm more than happy with the safety personally.

Archived