Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

a tip for new beginners to align on a goto, or in cloudy weather

Erquy

Hi,

just wanted to share, how I managed my 1st successful alignement with my skymax 102 AZ goto:

(I failed the 1st trial, as my finderscope was not aligned with the telescope, meaning I picked up the wrong starts -so make sure this is aligned -work it out in daylight on terrestrial!)

The tip is in case you have an ipad and to use skygowatcher app and 2 stars alignment:

It was cloudy and could not see many stars. nevertheless, I pointed towards Betelgieuse as 1st star that I could see. Then I could not see much other options, but I choose Mirpak ask to move towards it, but could not see it naked eye. Then i took the ipad/skygowatcher and put it perpendicular to the telescope and adjusted the scope with the ipad skygowatcher towards mirpak, and then checking in the EP I could distinguish it through the EP slightly.

Then.... I asked to go to Pleiades where it was clear and surprise.... right in the middle!! Also move to Jupiter and perfect alignment!

So it helped out for me as beginner and usefull also if weather is not that great and you can´t see much!

Archived