Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

L8-Nite

Thoughts For The Day ?

Was in Oxford last night sky was stunning when we came home but I managed 10 minutes outside with a coffee and counted 11 shooting stars. Would have been an hour lying on a lounger looking up if I'd been at home,quite beautiful it was none the less

Glad you guys got a chance to do some observing. I've been hibernating lately trying to shake off this flu. :tongue:

Sacked again , oh well scope time over the holls for me

Lenny

Edited by lennylovit

Sorry to hear that Lenny, any time is a bad time to lose your job....but Christmas, that's a real bummer.

best news for a long time getting sacked Tony , a bit of ME TIME now . fed up of getting up @ 5,10am

• Like 1

no good to be sad about it Pete , life goes on I will bounce back after the holls

anyone going up the site over the holls ???

Edited by lennylovit
  • Like 1

no good to be sad about it Pete , life goes on I will bounce back after the holls

I would like to Lenny, but the forecast looks grim over Christmas; will have to wait and see.

I was thinking of it last night, it was quite clear here. Unfortunately it clouded over and a bottle of 18yr old Glenmorangie persuaded me to stay in with it. :drunken_smilie:

I was thinking of it last night, it was quite clear here. Unfortunately it clouded over and a bottle of 18yr old Glenmorangie persuaded me to stay in with it. :drunken_smilie:

I drove up there yesterday as I was passing at dusk: it was very windy up there, plus 3/4 cloud cover. I think the whisky was the wise move.

I haven't tried that although it is on my next or sometime soon to try. I believe that on is port cask matured.

The one I'm on now is the Nectar D'Or which is sherry cask matured. Cheers Karl.

Whiskey is one of those drinks that went horribly wrong for me in my youth and the very thought of it makes me feel sick now

I experienced the same as you Steve, except mine was with Pernod. :icon_puke_r:

Minus 5 degrees outside but the sky is stunning.if only I gadon't the get up and go to do a 3 am shift.

Yep...darn sharp out there, although the seeing is not great here.

If the forecast can be trusted ?  All of South Wales is looking good for a clear night; think I'll get the Telementor out for some Lunar work.

• Like 1

Had a nice couple of hours observing after setting the scope up by our front door and chatting with several neighbours who stopped to have a peek at the Moon, and Mars which presented itself admirably. There were a few wispy clouds, which unfortunately lingered and blocked the chance to observe Neptune alongside Venus. :tongue:  Will brave the cold again when Jupiter is overhead later tonight. Got to say, tonight Is one of the few times I've really enjoyed observing from home.   :smiley:

• Like 1

I looked out our window at about 11.30 last night into my back garden thinking I had left on of the downstairs lights on- but no it was the moon glow - pretty eerie really was  a sort of blusih white glow on the frost on the lawn - gotta get a lot of things coming together to get a great night out observing and it doesn't happen that often to be sure.

I want one of them, better than a laser pen I wonder if FLO could do me a quote on one, I can remember seeing over a hundred of these stored in a army ordnance depot not so long ago.

I'd like one too Dai, but I think our names would be put on the 10 most wanted list.  :grin: