Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

L8-Nite

Thoughts For The Day ?

I just watched the ISS go over about 19:23hrs with my Bino's and I thought i was going to have a evening with my bino's do some obs but no as i was watching the ISS the mist was rolling up the valley in Brecon and the sky is beautiful and clear and that ended that :angry9: 

So it looks like I am lumbered with watching X factor Grrrrrrrrrr

Dai I'd rather watch the mist roll in than the X Factor Dai.

Watching the ISS is always a tingler. :cool:

• Like 1

Day 3

day 3 saw us leaving Lille very nice place too, and heading to Liege another beautiful city shame it started to rain in the evening but me and the Mrs were on holiday so we insisted on eating outside we had to odd sip of Vino which is why this was not written that night!

Day 4

Off we went to Valkenberg which turned out to be in the Netherlands! Fabulous place took a walk around a castle ruin ate outside again (this time not raining) had yet another tincture and very luckily got upgraded at the Hotel we were staying in so had a superb room

Day 5

After quite a long drive we now find ourselves in Luxemburg very busy city lots of traffic so we're staying in the outskirts will see what the local wine is like here!

Lenny

Thanks for the updates, glad your both having a good time.   :smile:

Not so much a thought for the day but a prayer.

I was hoping my back trouble would have subsided by the weekend just gone, giving me just over a week getting myself rested for Tuesday. 

Unfortunately, I'm still getting problems. If I do go next Tuesday and I'm not right I could be heading for bigger problems.

I'm going to give it until Sunday, if its not considerably better by then I will not going.   :(

hope you get better soon Tony , get the wife too give you a rubdown with a wet echo ( or argus in Newport )

Thanks Lenny, I think it was a soggy Playboy that caused it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Day 6

Well we said goodbye to Luxemburg ( don't think we'll rush back) and after a long drive found ourselves in Ypres

What a lovely place this is full of memories of the first World War after we went to the flanders field museum and a few beers we waited at the Menin Gate for the last post.

Very moving very poignant glad we got to be there.

After some food a few more beers we hit our beds as off home tomorrow

Lenny

• Like 1

It's a very interesting place Lenny. I was amazed how many small cemeteries there are dotted about.  

Typically,  each one was a field hospital or casualty clearing station close to the front lines. When a soldier died there he was buried close by. 

These burial plots then to became cemeteries after the war.

Its a very emotional place I went to Le touret a couple of years ago to see my great uncles name on the wall, his body was never found those that were not found there names are put on the wall plaques and listed as no known grave

I hope I am wrong were having a lot of mist in the Usk valley near Brecon, during the last couple of weeks I hope it don't scupper plans for SW clear nights.

Superb night tonight following a day of storms, really goo d view of Andromeda and the Plaidies cluster to many to name. had a pleasant afternoon over Pencelli.

Edited by daiwelly

Might get the bins out the back garden later David,hopefully see some shooting stars aswel though it's very windy here at the moment.

Just enjoyed a quiet moment outside after sorting stuff to pack.

The skies are clear and crisp in my neck of the woods.   :smiley:

Its very clear at the moment the winds have dropped, tich let me have a look through is sw 80Ed this afternoon i think it is. i had look at solar sunspot another first for  me

Just spent half an our out my garden,it's the clearest night I've seen for ages, fingers crossed there's more to come

Lightning & thunder and coming down by the bucket full at the moment. Weather report for my "specific" location shows light cloud.

I wonder if I should trust it and set up ?   :rolleyes:

Having watched the whole Rosetta event and the successful landing of Philae, it feels great to be part of the astro community even in my lowly capacity. :smiley:

• Like 4

I'm thinking about selling some unused equipment, as I've accumulated more than I need.

No problem, my Wife is ok with it.  :smiley:

Been following the " wee dram " thread. Think I'm going to catch up with some old liquid friends over the holidays; it's been a long time since I raised a glass. 

Edit: Oh yeah, Cheers !    :smiley:

Edited by L8-Nite

Hopefully it will stay clear tonight, on the way home from Swansea and the sky looks lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its lovely and clear tonight in Fochriw dobs out cooling give it an hour then get outside