Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thoughts For The Day ?

L8-Nite

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only just noticed of all the social groups on here the S Wales group seems by far the most active - over 4k posts - most seem 50 to a couple of hundred with only 1 over a thousand posts. Wonder why that is?

Steve,

It's because " WE ARE AWESOME " interesting, outgoing, dedicated, and spear heading the way into the next Millennium. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

we dont like talking to others :grin::tongue: ..

years ago i used to be on a "carp" fishing forum that had it's own regional sub sections the welsh one was so busy in the end it was accidently deleted on an update (yeah right) then it was decided that there wouldnt be any regional sections we all had to post in one communal section..

........................ it was decided that there wouldnt be any regional sections we all had to post in one communal section..

I don't think that would be an issue here, as there are many aspects to this hobby.

We are all looking in the same direction, which is "UP".

Edit: Also, I don't see Astronomy as being a competitive hobby, such as some social hobbies where individuals may have an agenda.

i know mike this whole forum has a different feel to it,

i'll be honest there is a lot of jealousy and bitterness on some forums especially in the "carp" fraternity i wont go into details but it's one of the reasons the welsh lads decided to shoot off and make our own forum, best Troutforum out there,,,lol

i know mike this whole forum has a different feel to it,

i'll be honest there is a lot of jealousy and bitterness on some forums especially in the ............... i wont go into details...................

Yup, know all about that. That's why I keep a low profile and hide my %*X&%*=@^+# :grin:

Keep a pack of baby wipes in your kit to clean your hands, your eyepieces will thank you. :smiley:

I looked back and I'm a little confused as to what you are referring! :grin:

They hadn't got on to the Troutand trout by that stage.

Now, if you were going to mix the two hobbies, then wet wipes would be essential, I'm sure.

I could get quite messy trying to polar align a carp.

Which end would the EPs go in?

Cheers

I looked back and I'm a little confused as to what you are referring! :grin:

They hadn't got on to the Troutand trout by that stage.

Now, if you were going to mix the two hobbies, then wet wipes would be essential, I'm sure.

I could get quite messy trying to polar align a carp.

Which end would the EPs go in?

Cheers

The post about baby wipes was written before any discussion of fish came into the picture.

Edit: It was just my thought for the day.

i smell a rat :p lol

i noticed we are the most active a while ago! at the time i was discussing with matt, helen peter and kev about turning it into a proper society but there is a fair amount of societys near by any way (abergaveny, usk, ebbw vale, cardiff, swansea)

my thought for the day......... must remember to either leave heating on when i go to work, or have a timer so it comes on an hour before i get home freeeeeeezzzzzzzzing :'(

i smell a rat :p lol

i noticed we are the most active a while ago! at the time i was discussing with matt, helen peter and kev about turning it into a proper society but there is a fair amount of societys near by any way (abergaveny, usk, ebbw vale, cardiff, swansea)

Gaz,

All we need are " Stinkin' Badges " :grin:

When out observing on the first clear night in ages, feel free to enjoy looking at the moon. Having done so, be certain to remove the moon filter before going on to search for Messier objects.

Grrrrr........... spent some time last night in a fruitless search for some Messiers only to realise that I'd had the eyepiece sunglasses on. Talk about making life hard for yourself.

Archived