1 single decent eyepeice

garethmob

Guys I have a new scope coming and it's a little fast so I would like to know which shall I get for it? One decent eyepeice (I was thinking of a ES 82 or 68) or a coma corrector to use my eyepieces instead? What's better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

thanks shane :) so a paracorr is better for me than a new lens? my lens arnt that great, i cnt remember if i said in the other thread what they are but i really need better ones) vixen NPL, 30 n 10, a skywatcher and meade 25, and a celestron elux 6:P so cheap :(

is ther any recamendation to the next level up in eyepeices after i get a paracorr?

I'd actually urge you to wait for the new scope first to see what it's like with your existing eyepieces. you might be surprised. I bought my eyepieces on the basis of what I needed on using my scopes - i.e. what was missing. I do think a paracorr will make most eyepieces work well in a fast scope but it depends on their quality really as to whether you'd see e.g. astigmatism in the eyepiece.

wait and see I say.

once you know what you need, and bear in mind I am TV biased, I'd recommend used TV Plossls or possibly used Radians. They are really excellent and not that expensive.

Archived