Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Shecks

Hello from Dublin

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking around the site for a while now and thought it was about time I created an account.

I'm new to astronomy but have always had an interest but have only played around with a little photography using my DSLR but after several months of deliberation, research, confusion etc I have finally ordered my first telescope.

I've picked up some much useful information form the forum and I am really looking forward to getting out to see if I can catch a glimpse of some of the things I have read about when my telescope arrives (hurry up!)

There's so much to learn and I am amazed how much experience and information there is here on the forum and everyone seems very eager to help, I hope one day to be able to contribute too.

Cheers,

Shecks :icon_salut:

• Like 1

Hi Shecks, welcome to SGL :)

Hi, welcome to the forum. What scope did you buy?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Up until last week I was planning on getting a Celestron Omni 127 XLT SCT but after a night out with Astronomy Ireland and some nice views of Jupiter through an 11" SCT I was struck with a very severe case of "aperture fever" and in my weakened state was unable to resist the deal I found on a Celestron C9.25-SGT XLT GOTO :grin:

Shecks

Welcome to SGL

The C9.25 is an excellent telescope. Just try not to let the clouds out of the box when you unpack it :)

James

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL! Lots of info and support here!

/Jesper

Welcome aboard Shecks, 9.25 is a cracker of a scope mate.