Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Dublin

Shecks

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking around the site for a while now and thought it was about time I created an account.

I'm new to astronomy but have always had an interest but have only played around with a little photography using my DSLR but after several months of deliberation, research, confusion etc I have finally ordered my first telescope.

I've picked up some much useful information form the forum and I am really looking forward to getting out to see if I can catch a glimpse of some of the things I have read about when my telescope arrives (hurry up!)

There's so much to learn and I am amazed how much experience and information there is here on the forum and everyone seems very eager to help, I hope one day to be able to contribute too.

Cheers,

Shecks :icon_salut:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to the forum. What scope did you buy?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Up until last week I was planning on getting a Celestron Omni 127 XLT SCT but after a night out with Astronomy Ireland and some nice views of Jupiter through an 11" SCT I was struck with a very severe case of "aperture fever" and in my weakened state was unable to resist the deal I found on a Celestron C9.25-SGT XLT GOTO :grin:

Shecks

Archived