Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So....ive taken the plunge

Blazar

Gents,

Could not hold off any longer...ive gone and purchased a scope....could not get a refractor out of my head, so went for a TAL100RS (thought we had enough dobs!)....now I just need ot save for a mount / tripod. I like lunar and planentary viewing anyway, so seems like a good choice for a first scope.

Advised an AZ4 would hold it, but think maybe a Vixen Porta might be better (as it has slow mo controls....which would be beneficial IMO)

Any advice on this gents would be most welcome. did a little search over the forums and a few people have posted. would ideally like to get hold of a TAL mount, but finding one is difficult. not sure when the huge box will turn up...but quite excited now.... :grin: not advised the daughter yet, but she will go through the roof!

if anyone sees a mount / tripod for sale that might do the job please let me know.

Cheers

Steve

Congrats, I'm sure the views of cloud will be fantastic :)

But seriously, you'll have a great time, congratulations. This hobby seems to suck you in, so be prepared to be very poor for a long time to come!

Think its 50 posts and be a member for a minimum of 1 month to be honest. I will get there eventually. If you guys do happen to see something though it would be appreciated. will continue to scan Astro buy and sell....if not then will save and see where we get to. cant wait now though...pity I have an expensive year as well!

Archived