SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sword of Orion - Halfway there!

Uranium235

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, very nice! Is that an uncooled DSLR? Seems to deliver very low noise for such long exposures. I once lived in Worcestershire (Dormston), it had some good dark skies.

Tony.

Yep, its uncooled but modded for full-spectrum (the CCD CLS filter does the UV/IR block). But it was during quite a cold spell (and Id left the camera out for an hour before starting), also its fully calibrated (Darks and Flats, no bias) - so that probably the main reason why it turned out clean(ish). Still no match for the 314L+, but its saving me the uber-hassle of doing 6 panes of LRGB. Once complete, I will do a calculation of just how long this would have taken if using just the CCD.

Martin, nice Ha belt/sword. Im not sure if I will get all of the background Ha to show up as I only blend it at 50% with red... hmmm not unless I do some selective stretching. I'll have a think about as to how to approach it.

damn this is looking good. How are you long time no see :)

Cheers man, im ok - just trying to stay sane while we're subjected to yet another barrage of cloud/rain/snow (delete as applicable) :)

I did (briefly) get out last night, but what I came back with wasnt worth processing due to the thin haze that covered the sky.

Archived