Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Uranium235

Sword of Orion - Halfway there!

Plenty of dust around the whole of the area..... Crack on, its looking good so far

orionmosaicweb.png

WOW! That's a wonderful image :)

Wow, very nice! Is that an uncooled DSLR? Seems to deliver very low noise for such long exposures. I once lived in Worcestershire (Dormston), it had some good dark skies.

Tony.

Wow, very nice! Is that an uncooled DSLR? Seems to deliver very low noise for such long exposures. I once lived in Worcestershire (Dormston), it had some good dark skies.

Tony.

Yep, its uncooled but modded for full-spectrum (the CCD CLS filter does the UV/IR block). But it was during quite a cold spell (and Id left the camera out for an hour before starting), also its fully calibrated (Darks and Flats, no bias) - so that probably the main reason why it turned out clean(ish). Still no match for the 314L+, but its saving me the uber-hassle of doing 6 panes of LRGB. Once complete, I will do a calculation of just how long this would have taken if using just the CCD.

Martin, nice Ha belt/sword. Im not sure if I will get all of the background Ha to show up as I only blend it at 50% with red... hmmm not unless I do some selective stretching. I'll have a think about as to how to approach it.

damn this is looking good. How are you long time no see :)

Cheers man, im ok - just trying to stay sane while we're subjected to yet another barrage of cloud/rain/snow (delete as applicable) :)

I did (briefly) get out last night, but what I came back with wasnt worth processing due to the thin haze that covered the sky.

• Like 1

just got all my stuff back just need a few more things and wait for the clouds to clear and i will be imaging again. still not sure which object to go for

I did (briefly) get out last night, but what I came back with wasnt worth processing due to the thin haze that covered the sky.

Tell me about it, I did the same trying to expand mine.....all ended up in the trash bin.