Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Bizibilder

Re-processed Crab Nebula Data from 12 Jan 2013

I've been having a play with my recent Crab Nebula data and have come up with what appears to be a better version - much more detail in the Nebula. This is a reprocess of exactly the same stacked image out of DSS, I just took a bit more time over it! I really do need to improve my processing skills but with so few images this last year........

Could anybody comment on what is going on with the brighter stars? they seem to have a "bright" centre - I assume I have caused this somewhere along the line?

Top image is re-process, Bottom one is as originally processed:

12Jan2013Crabcropreprocess.jpg

12Jan2013CrabNebulaCropped.jpg

• Like 1

Much sharper. Very nice. The strange star effect looks like what happens when I put an over-stretched layer on an under-stretched layer. I'd check the layer masks and adjust how much shows through on the stars. It might just be that you've accidentally allowed the stars to show through on a layer that you just wanted to apply to the nebula. Or that might just be what happens to me!

great detail in there roger, i noticed your stars a little odd, this only applies if using DSS i have had the same looking stars when this settings is turned on. then when turned off they back to normal.

post-6284-0-25672100-1358356686_thumb.jp