Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the newest newbie!

majapala

Hello everyone. I've used forums before but this is my first 'serious' astronomy effort. Today I took possession of my first serious telescope-a skymax 127 Mak altaz goto. I'm still buzzing from my first real life (worthwhile) view of Jupiter, among other things, earlier this evening, a successful alignment operation, and discovery of the anxieties of 'dewing' on my shiny new toy - which led me here seeking information and solutions, which was abundantly available here, so here I am! I'm sure I'll be picking your brains with gusto in the coming weeks/months/years.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.

An excellent scope. You should have a lot of fun with it. Dew on the corrector lens is a nuisance and it really helps to have a dew shield, either bought or home-made (cut down camping mat is a favourite). Dew on the rest of the scope really isn't that much of a problem :)

James

Archived