Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

kingboya

My best Jupiter yet SPC900 and Skymax 150 pro

This was stacked with the best 1200 frames of 2000 in AS!2, using my new (to me) Skywatcher Skymax 150 pro, SPC900 webcam with 2x ED barlow.

I love this scope BIG TIME! This is the second go with it, and I love it. Really easy to use, and not tooooo much image shift with focusing.

Please, any advise greatly appreciated. I am new to planetary imaging.

post-19531-0-99195600-1358284924_thumb.j

• Like 6

superb image, i really should have a go at Jupiter with my 180

These are the Sharpcap settings I used for this image, provided by other imagers on this forum.

[Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-4

Brightness=64

Contrast=32

Saturation=5

Gamma=0

ColorEnable=255

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=35

• Like 1

superb image, i really should have a go at Jupiter with my 180
wow the 180 would be amazing! Do it! :rolleyes:

That is an amazing image, I have the same scope although it is on an EQ3-2. I was wondering if you could share some of your techniques. I have being trying to capture Jupiter so far here are two of the best I could manage.

jupiter_pipp.jpgjupiter_ver2.jpg

Hi. The setting's above were the settings I used, and that is the technical stuff sorted. Seeing is critical and I must have been lucky to have very good seeing that night. Then the processing. Wavelets, sharpening etc. I don't know what I am doing, just found a result I was happy with.

Seeing is probably the most important factor though.

I have since sold the 150 Pro, which I may come to regret. We have a house extension going on ;-)

That is an amazing image, I have the same scope although it is on an EQ3-2. I was wondering if you could share some of your techniques. I have being trying to capture Jupiter so far here are two of the best I could manage.

Posted ImagePosted Image

by the way, your images are good imho, the first being most like MOST of my images. I just take approximately 1000 frames of video, and stack maybe the best 50%,or even less, seeing dependant. HTH

Thanks for the tips, apologies I never seen your settings above. I have saved these down just need to wait for a clear sky.