M33 Foggy style

Jessun

No reason to put this one up here really if it hadn't been for my GF's loving comment....

I managed to get 18 new subs to add to the previous 57. So comparing the two versions, I asked the GF which one was best, and she pointed at the newest claiming that 'it has more of that foggy stuff that you like'.

Don't know what has to go now - her, the telescope or my machine gunned imaging self esteem...

/Jesper

gallery_16323_1516_1628575.png

Building on a thread in the Imaging Help section I have reprocessed my data to reveal more of this target. Much more.

It's in no way perfect, but thanks to Harry Page I have certainly found myself one leap ahead of what I was able to do previously. A big thank you to Harry! :laugh:

gallery_16323_1516_4322392.png

I just can't resist working on this image after Harry unlocked it for me. This is edit 4, and the following was done:

* Black point moved across the whole image

* Red in the galaxy was selected in PS using colour range tool, and then saturated and andjusted for hue

* Next stop PixInsight where the Dark Structure Enhance script was executed to make the dust more defined

* Finally the galaxy got a dose of unsharp mask to, well, again make it more interesting looking and sharper in certain areas

Hope you agree they are all slight improvements. If not, do shout out!

/Jesper

gallery_16323_1516_657506.png

Archived