Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Jcousins

Newbie from Kent

Hi

I'm new to this site but not to astronomy. Just rekindled my interest after 30 years! Looking to buy a goto telescope soon

• Like 1

Hi JCousins welcome to SGL, good luck when picking a new telescope, plenty of people here with goto systems if you need any help choosing.

Hi

Thanks for the warm welcome by everyone! Go to telescopes, I love gadgets and i work with computers so I a natural choice. But shall I get a celestron, or SkyWatcher mak goto telescope or a 4" refractor. Refractor would be better for dso due to wider field of view, the but still good for planets and etc?

Any experience on this I would be interested in your views

James

I live in sittingbourne. I anyone a member of the middle Kent astronomical society, and as I have just joined.

Hi and welcome to the forum. A lot has changed regarding kit etc in 30 years but thankfully for the better and there is certainly a lot of choice out there. I you Goto most of the time and for me I find it really useful and I'm sure you will do to.

Clear skies and hope you the forum

James

will be nice to get to know some of the mid kent astronomical society members and what i can expect with this group?

I started astronomy after using my grand dads 3" dixons refractor in the late 70's and my idol was and still is Carl sagan! I've always been interested in science and now I think it it time to rekindle that boyhood interest and dream!