SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M92 - Camera first light

Paxo

After the 'no show' at Kielder, I was eager to try out the Meade DSI II purchased some time ago. So, before, during and after the rugby, I tried out the new camera. Viewing conditions were actually quite poor with the threat of mist and fog in the air (problem living close to a river), and heavy light pollution

Used a 12" Meade LX200R with a f3.3 FR, self guided and imaged using DSI II monochrome camera with IR blocking filter installed. The M92 image is a composite of 20 21 second exposures with minimal processing with Autostar image processing. Not bad for a first attempt at imaging!

Went on to image M57, but haven't got round to processing yet.........

post-13953-133877332601_thumb.jpg

A very nice first go Steve. If you can use the curves tool in Photoshop, there's loads more stars to be brought out from that image. Click on the line one third of the way up and move the line left and you'll see what I mean. If you put another point above the first and move that one to the right, you can prevent the core getting too bright. Doing this on the original image will work much better than I can do playing with the JPG that appears here, so you will get an even better result than I did.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Archived