Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another NGC7023 - Iris Nebula :)

centroid

Looks like Martin and I were imaging the the same object last night :smiley:

So, here's another Iris Nebula.

12" LX200R - Meade f/3.3 FR - SXVF-H9C and 12x5 min subs, stacked and processed in AA4.

Interesting guiding experiment, in that it was guided, using the free version of PHD, as opposed to AA4 as I normally do.

Dave

post-13389-133877332597_thumb.jpg

Interesting guiding experiment, in that it was guided, using the free version of PHD, as opposed to AA4 as I normally do.

Dave

How did you find it Dave (Phd that is) ??

Going to 'post' a little 'write up' Steve, when I get 5 minutes.

Dave

ah now thats a nice image Dave , but sitting beside you whilst we were doing that , i noticed the stars were perfectly round , we seem to have a bit of movement here , cant figure out why that should be , the Iris has lovely deatil as well ,just cant understand the stars

Rog :smiley:

I think I know the answer to that one Rog.

I did an automatic 'all star alignment' in AA4, and with some images its better to do a 1 or 2 star alignment, whereby you select the alignment stars.

When I get time, I'll re-stack the 12 subs with this type of alignment, and its should be as it was when you saw it last night.

I did a 'rush job' on it this morning, as I was being asked to do other things :smiley:, before going of to the meet.

Dave

Archived