Narrowband

M81/82 + NGC7000 - another go

cygnusx1

Well, all credit to the Scopos ED 66 APO f/6 - its a super little 'scope, in fact i would wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone wanting cracking wide-field shots from a 3" refractor at a decent price.

I was pleasantly surprised too, that i was getting 300s+ unguided exposures on my HEQ5 Pro w/out trailing!! :shock: :shock:

Amazing combo really.

Anyway, i'm pleased with the results, minus the vignetting.

P.S I even caught NGC3077 in bottom r/h corner - mag 9.9 galaxy

Fantastic results Kevin!

Do you use any filters with the canon? I'm curious about the North American Nebula - I had assumed my 350D wasn't capable of picking up these objects without being modded, is yours the regular 350D or is it modded?

Cheers,

Grant

Fantastic results Kevin!

Do you use any filters with the canon? I'm curious about the North American Nebula - I had assumed my 350D wasn't capable of picking up these objects without being modded, is yours the regular 350D or is it modded?

Cheers,

Grant

Nope unmodded. I adjusted colour in PS to bring out the red, however it tends to redden the background too.

Only filter was a Baarder Neodym, which i doubt helped bring out the red emmissions.

Apparently one needs a Ha filter to truly capture the colour.

Excellent images - and 300 sec + unguided on your HEQ5 !!!! I haven't tried above 120 secs - but will now.

Presumably you were drift aligned???

Tom

Nah, never bothered personally (my east+west horizons are obscured anyway :smiley: ) - i polar align accurately tho.

Excellent images - and 300 sec + unguided on your HEQ5 !!!! I haven't tried above 120 secs - but will now.

Presumably you were drift aligned???

Tom

Nah, never bothered personally (my east+west horizons are obscured anyway :smiley: ) - i polar align accurately tho.

Wow - You must have - 300+ seconds !!! I must give 180 seconds a try - if that is okay, move on up to 240.

Tom

Archived