what eyepiece kit should i buy....

240788dt

By kit do you mean whole set of eye pieces?

For £100 you may get a reasonably good lens and a filter. If you want a set of EP's and filters £100 may be a little bit too tight. The best budget set that I've seen about is the Revelation, Photo-Visual Eyepiece Kit.

I think FLO do it for around £130. It's a good starter kit and lots of people speak quite well of it.

For £100 you may get a reasonably good lens and a filter. If you want a set of EP's and filters £100 may be a little bit too tight. The best budget set that I've seen about is the Revelation, Photo-Visual Eyepiece Kit.

I think FLO do it for around £130. It's a good starter kit and lots of people speak quite well of it.

thanks ill have a look at it and ye i mean the whole set :)

what do you think about this one from amazon:

Celestron 94303 Telescope Eye Piece and Filter Kit

Thanks again :)

I myself went down the route of buying one lens at a time. I went for the very best lens that I could afford in the most useful focal lengths for my viewing and built up from there. I would generally advise this route. My scope is pretty fast and so not very forgiving of EP's hence I always go fro the best I can afford to avoid frustration.

I agree, don't buy a set. You are just getting a set of average eyepeices a few of which will be unsuitable for use in your scope. Buy them individually as your budget allows. I won't advise on which ones as there are plenty of better informed and more experienced people on the forum than me. Just do a bit of searching on the forum.

Clear skies, JC

I concur. Don't get a kit. You would be well advised to get one or two individual eyepieces that either replace the supplied ones with your scope (as these will be relatively poor), or fill in the gaps with a couple of better quality ones. It will be much better in the long run.

I am in the same boat.

New scope delivered with 1 ep. Cheers

phoned telescope house and was advised to buy the kit.

5x ep's a Barlow and other bits.

Thats 10 different focal lengths. Why.

I'm not gonna use that many.

So I've bought one decent ep and a Barlow. And I will get more as I can afford them

I am in the same boat.

New scope delivered with 1 ep. Cheers

phoned telescope house and was advised to buy the kit.

5x ep's a Barlow and other bits.

Thats 10 different focal lengths. Why.

I'm not gonna use that many.

So I've bought one decent ep and a Barlow. And I will get more as I can afford them

A wise idea.

Sometimes the best thing about the kit is the case. Don't get me wrong you can get some very nice and desirable kits - ES do the ES 68 degree Argon purged set, you get three of these rather excellent EP's in a nice aluminium case that has cut out spaces for the rest of their 68 degree range. It doesn't come with any filters but does come with a very hefty price tag. I certainly wouldn't say no to that kit if my wife ever sanctioned the purchase (not a cat in hells chance :sad: )

I think you have made a wise decision, I wish I'd signed up to this forum before I made some of my purchases, cheap EP kit included. The only bits I use from it now are the DSLR T adaptor and the moon filter! I now have a small set of Meade 5000 SWA and UWA EP's all bought S/H for about half price.

I think you have made a wise decision, I wish I'd signed up to this forum before I made some of my purchases, cheap EP kit included. The only bits I use from it now are the DSLR T adaptor and the moon filter! I now have a small set of Meade 5000 SWA and UWA EP's all bought S/H for about half price.

You got yourself some good lenses, far better than the usual fare that you get from most EP kits. Much wisdom I sense in you ! :grin:

Archived