Hi from an old newbie

salix

Hi all,

this is my first post, just to introduce myself and say hello before i get my new kit on thursday, after which im sure il be harranging you all with lots of questions lol

My names mark, im 43, from Bolton. I used to stargaze as a child much to the delight of the other kids in the street who called me ludvig ! anyway, teenagerdom, jobs, marraige and kids ensued and astronomy dissapeared...........well now im back ! lol

My goodly wife has bought me a skywatcher 130p for my birthday, and it arrives thursday........so thats when il be kicking off properly.

so no doubt il be back soon loking for help and instruction, bye for now.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome to SGL - not so sure where the average age of the forum is, but pretty sure you've a good few years observing ahead ;)

Looks like we should all have some good clear skies over the next couple of weeks, so enjoy the new scope and fire away with any questions.

Jake

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your birthday present and hope the weather plays along to allow you to fire her up to see what she can show you! In addition to the instructions, you might want to take a look at

video which provides an overview of your scope and its initial setup. In addition you might like to down load some free planetarium software called "Stellarium" which can help you locate some great targets and help you identify objects you discover along the way. It has lots of great features to entertain you and to help you learn the night sky and you can also configure it to your precise viewing location thereby replicating the exact same sky you see through your scope.

Wishing you clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived