SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3.32 v synscan - jupiter trouble

Aenima

I'm having trouble with the new firmware, after alignment 1 or 2 star - it finds stars and dso's but with jupiter it goes way off, like heading east then north until it points to the wrong area of sky.

Has anyone heard of this?

Regards

Aenima

Yeeeeaaaaah.

Big grin coz i'm not in the least bit embarassed. :D

Let this be a lesson to everyone - never let a dumb try out your goto ;)

I WAS IN *LAST YEAR* ! ! !

Thats right. Hey, jay. Its 2013! Duh, is it? YES!

My dumb has gotten worse. Sorry for the wasted thread space :p

Apologies

Aenima

True dat.

Even had a chuckle at my stupid rush to post the issue before i'd even had time to fully panic properly.

Relieved now at both the easy solution and that a few laughs were had, makes the shame sting a bit less. :)

Regards

Aenima

So... I'm on 3.28, is it worth the upgrade do you think?

I'd need to get a cable so I will only bother if their is a benefit of bank sort

If u have a dob i'd doubt that there is any benefit in the new firmware - these extras seem to be EQ based and a little bit of AP too with camera control and stuff.

The extra deepsky tours look interesting as i'm bored of the limited options in the tour feature, but as far as i'm aware they can be downloaded as a single update seperate from the 3.32 dwnld.

If you have EQ - definitely try it, if you have AZ - maybe, but for a dob you'd need something you want specifically to make it worthwhile. There are a few details on SW site.

Regards

Aenima

Yeeeeaaaaah.

Big grin coz i'm not in the least bit embarassed. :D

Let this be a lesson to everyone - never let a dumb try out your goto ;)

I WAS IN *LAST YEAR* ! ! !

Thats right. Hey, jay. Its 2013! Duh, is it? YES!

My dumb has gotten worse. Sorry for the wasted thread space :p

Apologies

Aenima

I did exactly the same & was a bit miffed that the stars were lining up nicely but with Jupiter my scope was pointing south lol

Thanks tich,

I did think it was just me, so appreciate the honesty there - it did give me a good chuckle when I realised the problem, though I could have bluffed it with a rant about goto being unreliable and how I managed to fix it with a genius bit of electronic wizardry.

Oh well. got to laugh aint ya?

Regards

Aenima

Definitely, :grin: what made it worse is I went through the whole process 3 times checking time dates observing site etc & still the penny didn't drop. I guess it boils down to not using the scope much as it was early December when I last out. What was really annoying is after I had it sorted I managed about 5 minutes then it clouded over lol.

This is what I managed to capture before I had to pack up.

You can see what the clouds were doing to Jupiter so I packed up muttering & mumbling some choice words!!!

Archived