SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Explore Scientific eyepieces - get them while you can in the UK

On royal mail site or parcel force? the code works on both by the way

If you put the code into parcel force and once tracked click on the parcel number (should be a hyperlink) it gives you detail

I know because Im sat here watchn my own parcels work their way to me :)

Ok, thanks, the parcel force web site provides much more detail !!

Its at the North Essex Depot, so not far to come :) However, I do see the following note Revised charges to be paid oh well ! still save £200

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, and you'll be notified of those revised charges by what looks like a payslip with Parcel Force stamped on, coming through the post any day now. You then go online, pay the charges, swear at the admin fee, and then get taken to a web page where you can pick your delivery date. When the delivery man/woman comes, you can winge at how outrageous it is having to pay them to deliver something the sender has already paid, they'll agree, nothing will be achieved, and you'll realise what a complete waste of time it was getting upset about it in the first place......if you're anything like me anyway.

Yep, and you'll be notified of those revised charges by what looks like a payslip with Parcel Force stamped on,.....

Just got to keep remembering that I've saved ~ £200 on the UK price, even with Duty, VAT, Postage and fees...

Hey, I see you are Herts based , they are probably on the same van....

Quite likely :) It'll go to your local depot next and I think they will deliver a ticket with the amount due on it. I dont think they turn up at the door with the parcel, not sure if they are able to take payments on the doorstep. Essentially they deliver a card with the fees due, you pay it online and they deliver the next working day or you go to the local depot with cash and get it immediately. My local depot is visible from where I work so I just go an pay mine with cash, not sure how far from yours you are.

Hopefully I'll be carded today and I'll go down to the depot tonight, they open late on a wednesday and pick it up. Then we'll have perfect skies all night and I'll be able to use the damn thing <sound of a needle scratching over a record > ... or maybe not

Just got to keep remembering that I've saved ~ £200 on the UK price, even with Duty, VAT, Postage and fees...

I know mine was only 3 days with UPS and when delivered I paid cash at the front door ,Job done :smiley:

and payment was

Import VAT£50.99

Duties £10.02

Brokerage Surcharge

£11.00

Total charges

£72.01

and you get a pink slip wich you should keep hope this helps any buying from the USA

I just added uk carriage during checkout....they are very responsive to emails, so I'd contact them to ask.

Yeah I'll probably do that. Out of interest how much do they charge for uk delivery?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I put a post in DIY Astronomer yesterday with a great idea for a variable set dob counter balance. Have a look :)

Great idea thanks. + I just saw Damo's magnetic knife holder one as well. Going to try one of these two.

Archived