Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement for Celestron CG5 Polar Axis Finderscope (#94221)

CliffatBeds

I have had a Celestron CG5 EQ Mount for several years using it for visual observations occasionally - Mounted with a G-8 Telescope. I am know attempting to enter the world of Astro-Photography. Therefore I know need a Polar Alignment Scope. Unfortunately the part I need is obsolescent - Part No. 94221. Celestron have superseded it with Part No 94224, that only fits the CG5 Advanced Mount.

Any suggestions please on were I may obtain this part (Celestron #94221) or whether there is a replacement that will fit from another manufacture?

I have had a Celestron CG5 EQ Mount for several years using it for visual observations occasionally - Mounted with a G-8 Telescope. I am know attempting to enter the world of Astro-Photography. Therefore I know need a Polar Alignment Scope. Unfortunately the part I need is obsolescent - Part No. 94221. Celestron have superseded it with Part No 94224, that only fits the CG5 Advanced Mount.

Any suggestions please on were I may obtain this part (Celestron #94221) or whether there is a replacement that will fit from another manufacture?

Has you mount got three grub screws to hold the polar scope in? If it has just grab the hole thing and unscrew it anticlockwise .My latest mount had this fitting and I just unscrewed it .

Has you mount got three grub screws to hold the polar scope in? If it has just grab the hole thing and unscrew it anticlockwise .My latest mount had this fitting and I just unscrewed it .

This.

The CG4 and the SW EQ3 and EQ5's all have the full thing as a separate piece. You need to unscrew the entire assembly for the part on the mount and completely replace it with the item from the linkedpicture two posts up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived