SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My First Scope

GaryM

Having waited patiently to jump in and buy my first scope after using Bins for the best part of a year, I finally collected a brand spanking new 200 Dob this morning. Assembled this p.m. Looked out-side at 5 p.m. nice and clear. Cooked the Dinner / Tea take your pick. Right I thought come 18:45, best take it out to let it cool down. Well you can guess can't you. Yip! clouded over and accompanied by a fine rain. Guess I will have to make do with updating my profile to-night.

Mind you my Wife did comment after I had assembled it, "oh! it's not as big as I thought". Guess I prepared the ground well. Some of you may well take that statement another way!

Congrats, I just pulled the trigger on my first scope as well. I just picked up a second EP, but have had the clouds and mine misty rain pester my plans as well. I wish my wife was as prepared as yours. Which scope specifically did you end up with?

Hi Ezerasurfr, I went for the Skywatcher Skyliner 200p [8"] Dobsonian. I had this in mind for quite some time. Bought an additional EP too. The Baader Hyperion 10mm. The 10 mm supplied with the scope has very short eye-relief so not so good for me with glasses.

Cheers

Thanks Dude, that's actually why I went with the 10" Dob straight away. I've been into other expensive hobbies as well, and always started off small and worked up to the top spending thousands on the way. I wanted to go with the largest, best bang for the buck I could get up front. That is also the reason for Celestron 5mm EP over something less expensive. I didn't want to have to upgrade it along the way (which may happen anyway - hopefully not for a long time though).

Archived