Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight Xpress MX-716 on Windows XP

dazza1639

Does anyone know if or how to get an old starlight xpress MX-716 parallel port ccd camera to run on windows xp. I can get it to run on my old windows me laptop but the same setup on my old windows xp desktop just produces a white image.

Suggest you contact Starlight Xpress - they're usually very helpful but no guarentees with older PP cams as most current cams are USB2 !

I can second that Terry was a great help with getting my MX916 working.

Hi Darren.

I,m assuming the PC has an inbuilt Parallel port.I take it your loading the software from an installtion disc.Your definately choosing the MX716/Parallel port files.

Do these load ok,when you try to connect does it come back with and files missing,like (Block IO and such).

Can you open the camera window ok,i assume you can as you are taking an image.

Have you tried powering down,then powering up again.

Sorry if this does,nt seem much help,but its difficult to know why its not being recognised.

Mick.

Thanks for the input Mick, the pc has a built in parallel port, I have downloaded the mx716 drivers & software both of which work fine on the windows me laptop. Everything seems the same on the xp machine, the software appears to be working and reading from the camera, it is just downloading a white image. I think it may be a bios setting for the parallel port. I need to set some time aside to investigate!

Thanks

Darren

Archived