Narrowband

NGC2024 (Flame Neb) and B33 (Horsehead Neb) ... yeehaaa!!

SteveL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve sorry for the late reply ,been away for the weekend , well i knew you would get to grips with that camera soon , and by heck you sure have , a stunning pic indeed mate , now you have set a problem now , does this mean i have to go and buy one as well , lol well maybe later on, you do the dirty work , then i can ask you, ehehhehe .well done STEVE ,

Rog :smiley:

It did take a while, but I think i have got the hang of it due to my slightly longer patience, and a realisation that any good deepsky image wont pop out of the screen in 30 minutes. Also, the CLS filter has helped immensley, so tied to the lack of hot pixels on the QHY8 means I can take longer subs.. plus I can now happily leave it imaging for several hours (instead of "I want it now"), and this is starting to show the results I am after.

This hobby is not for those with the attention span of a goldfish... :smiley:

Steve, I have been researching this camera with a mate of mine and have discovered both good and bad reports about it. Your image is truly excellent and shows the camera at it's best. What sort of problems (if any) have you had with it and do you feel like a 'beta tester' or it is now a full 'use out of the box' product? It would be very useful to know your experiences with it.

Any problems I have had are all of my own doing :shock: and nothing to do with the drivers or support. Number of driver crashes- zero (well, almost zero), mechanical probs - zero, the only issue is sometimes the outside of the IR block filter over the chip fogs up when wam air hits it, but thats only happened once. Less of a problem on SCTs where the camera/chip is mostly pointing upwards, and so the colder air sits on the camera, so no condensation.

It just took me a while to get out of the "300second subs" and "will the battery last" mindset fromy Canon 350D. Now I`m giving it enough light (longer subs or faster OTA), the results are starting to show.

Hells bells Steve if that dosen't make POW I'll eat my scope. truely magnificent :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

.....Brian.....

If it doesn't i will post you some salt 'n' pepper :smiley::evil::(

Cancel the salt and pepper order ;-)

Thats a smashing image steve, one of the best I,ve seen. You must (and should) be very proud of yourself.

M2

I am... very proud... quite shocked, but happy... now excuse me while I sleeppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

themos, I think the camera was more like £1500...

Of course it doesn't stop at mount scope and camera - I bet at least £300 worth of filters, reducers, dew stuff etc. went into that image too. And the guide camera and laptop, of course...

still, it's all worth it when you get a CRACKER like that out of it 8)

Andrew

Archived