740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Milky Way Time Lapse - In 4K Resolution.

Hello all!

First post, been looking around for some time now, finally decided to join.

Here is a new Milky Way time lapse video that I shot recently. Using the raw stills from my Nikon D4 DSLR, I was able to create a time lapse sequence in 4K resolution (4096x2304), four times the size of 1080p HD. This was shot at my ranch in central Texas. If you look closely at the beginning of the video you can see the faint triangular glow of the Zodiacal light, which is one of my favorite things in the night sky to photograph. In my light polluted free area the Zodiacal light is absolutely stunning in late February. I look forward to photographing it every year.

Here are my settings:

Nikon D4 & Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens @ 14mm

30 Second exposures, ISO 3200, WB 4000K

The time lapse was complied in After Effects then edited in Premiere Pro. The motion "star trail" effect was created in After Effects as well.

Thanks for looking and clear nights to all!

(to view the time lapse in the 4K resolution, click "Original" on the videos youtube watch page)

http://youtube.com/user/Harles99

• Like 7

That is cool, thanks for sharing it with us. Welcome to SGL.

I've done a couple of time-lapse of the night sky from the images I shoot for star trail images, but I have always wondered how you get the stars to trail in your time-lapse? Do you have any tips?