Power supply for HEQ5 Synscan

I just run a lead from the house and plug in a tip pos 240v to 12v el cheapo plug type transformer. If I want to go further I put rechargables in the bat holder and presto. Dont know anything about these compressors, Pete

Yes it would work but it doesn't mention how big the battery is in it if it's the 7ah one I would want a bigger one for an heq5 better still a leisure battery as soon you will be running a mount. laptop and dewstrips probably in the future electric focusser et al

Yes it would work but it doesn't mention how big the battery is in it if it's the 7ah one I would want a bigger one for an heq5 better still a leisure battery as soon you will be running a mount. laptop and dewstrips probably in the future electric focusser et al

The manual states 8ah

Just to clarify, the HEQ5 does have a 'cigarette' type power connector - doesn't it?

(I'm getting a little confused as to what I need as I don't have my Skywatcher 150pds scope and Heq5 yet!)

It sure does, mine arrived the other day and it definately has one of those connectors. Ive bought the Maplins 5 in 1 jumpstarter which I believe will do the job, it was reduced to £39 from £49 the other day. Hope that helps. ps - ive not actually tried using it yet as I am still trying to get my head round the mount mechanics!

Archived