SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Hamburg

Basak

Hi everyone,

I am absolutely a beginner skywatcher, all I am doing is trying to locate stars thanks to Stellarium and read a few books about astronomy. A real amateur.

I wanted to read forums before buying a telescope. I believe I can find lots of useful info here.

Unfortunately I live in city center. So having a telescope might be a luxury for me. But it was a dream since my childhood. Still thinking about it-

I am in Hamburg now, but left my heart in London. Still travelling on this planet..

Clear skies to all of us-

Cheers,

B.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Basak,

Welcome to SGL - Hamburg's not all bad as best as I can recall from distant memories, plenty of local attractions and good German bier. Dirksteele has a good point and expect some of the Baker Street Irregulars can offer excellent advice on City viewing.

Jake

Hi and welcome to the forum. Many of us here live in a major city with light pollution and we still participate in the joy of astronomy so you've definitely come to the right place to get started. Lots of experience, knowledge and advice on what kit to get and how to start so feel free to ask some question under the relevant section and you will be up and running in no time at all.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Archived