Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

VoltaireUK

Just to say "Hello"

Greetings from the "sunny" West Midlands.

I have just joined SGL and look forward to learning from and "talking" to all of you.

I have always been really interested on all things *Astronomy* which goes back to my school years (long ago ) and when I read "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan I was hooked, however, due to working full time along with other commitments I have not always had much spare time to spend on the subject :sad: I own a NexStar scope and am keep for advice and help on getting the best use out of it, I would love to eventually be able to take some "decent" photo's if I am lucky enough, I own a NIKON D300 at the mo but would condider *upgrading* if needed.

I look forward to making new friends on this site and welcome comments and help if any of you wish to contact me, until then I'll say "Bye-for-now" and hopefully "speak" soon.

• Like 1

Greetings from the "sunny" West Midlands.

I have just joined SGL and look forward to learning from and "talking" to all of you.

I have always been really interested on all things *Astronomy* which goes back to my school years (long ago ) and when I read "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan I was hooked, however, due to working full time along with other commitments I have not always had much spare time to spend on the subject :sad: I own a NexStar scope and am keep for advice and help on getting the best use out of it, I would love to eventually be able to take some "decent" photo's if I am lucky enough, I own a NIKON D300 at the mo but would condider *upgrading* if needed.

I look forward to making new friends on this site and welcome comments and help if any of you wish to contact me, until then I'll say "Bye-for-now" and hopefully "speak" soon.

Welcome to SGL. I answered in the other thread you posted to, but just to keep things together...

The usual recommendation for people interested in astro-imaging is to get a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count". It's a very good introduction to the area and will provide a huge amount of useful information to allow you to make informed decisions about what you really want to do.

There are quite a few different NexStar models I think and what you might be able to achieve with your camera depends on which you have. There's no reason you shouldn't use your camera for imaging and there are SGL members who do, but the Canon models do tend to be better supported in terms of software.

James

Welcome to SGL. I answered in the other thread you posted to, but just to keep things together...

The usual recommendation for people interested in astro-imaging is to get a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count". It's a very good introduction to the area and will provide a huge amount of useful information to allow you to make informed decisions about what you really want to do.

There are quite a few different NexStar models I think and what you might be able to achieve with your camera depends on which you have. There's no reason you shouldn't use your camera for imaging and there are SGL members who do, but the Canon models do tend to be better supported in terms of software.

James

Thank you James, I only meant to post once "duh" but put first one in the wrong place... me being a SGL novice, I am trying to get use to the site, again thank you for you information.

hiyas...

'could' be a clear (ish) one tonight :)

...M

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to SGL :)

• Like 1

Hey and welcome to SGL. It's good you have a GOTO scope as you don't have to spend long looking for things. Although this is one of my fave bits about astronomy its good if you don't have much time, as you said :)

• Like 1