Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Widefield with a Newt?

pringlepowell

Hi

I don't think you many options here, your 200p has a long focal length and this essentially limits your FOV. A reducer is the only way you can bring this down, but not by much.

If you are that keen on it you should look at a shorter f/l scope. I bought a WO ZS71 to do more widefield stuff.

Your camera chip also has a lot to do with it, in broad terms the larger the sensor the more you can capture in the frame. However, as you're using a DSLR which has a reasonably large sensor, i doubt you'll be able to achieve much more FOV with an alternative.

Your other option of course is to just use your Camera its self without the scope for widefield stuff (although im not sure how 'wide' you're intending to go here..). You can see some great lens-only shots in the widefield imaging section of the forum.

Archived