Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn

MakkaPakka1

Well I woke up this morning to a crisp clear sky, so I quickly got set up to take advantage before work. What a site! My first siting with my own scope and the first of the year. Too many houses to see any other planets, but Saturn was just the right height. Hope everyone else had a clear morning.

on my way to the car this morning i looked over that direction and saw venus just above the horizon, the moon to the right and a little higher - and i think saturn was supposed to be to the right of the moon, but i couldnt see it, i was very dissappointed.

if i had seen it, i think being 10 minutes late for work would have occured :evil:

• 1 month later...

I had a look on stellarium this afternoon 23/03/13 and it says Saturn breaks the horizon at about 21.30 so i guess by mid to late April it should be higher and nice to view around the same sort of time.

Obi Wan - Saturn is just the best, you will never forget your first view of saturn. hit it with the best and highest mag you can it will blow your sock off.

Archived