Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7023 Iris nebula - work in progress

MartinB

I currently have on loan from Steve at FLO a William Optics FLT 110 apo with a TMB designed triplet lens. I thought a good challenge for it would be a reflection nebula such as the Iris since this will quickly show up poor correction. It was also the first chance to use my new Tak EM200 mount.

I messed up totally with things on Thursday (less said the better) but after a late start last night I got around 2 1/2 hours luminence data. I would like more subs to really smoothen it off. Hope to get some tonight along with colour.

20x500 sec subs WO 110 FLT triplet with SXV H9. Captured with Maxim and processed in PS. To give some idea of the performance of the scope mount combination I have done nothing to the stars other than a tiny bit of sharpening - pretty tight with not a halo in sight :D. Will be writing a full review on scope and mount in due course but for now pretty chuffed :lol: :lol: :lol:

1883_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Very nice Martin, and certainly a good demonstration of what that 'kit' combination can produce. I also reckon that there is actually more in that image to be 'extracted'.

The 'tracking' of the EM200 looks pretty impressive, I reckon you are well pleased with that!!

Dave

Just cements the old saying "There's no substitute for class." You will take off into a realm of your own with that combo MB. If I save up hard I might manage the FLT Apo by next Christmas. 2008 that is :D

You must be getting really hyped up over the potential. You will have to turn the demo into a buy though.

Ron.

Do you know what Martin , thats nearly as good as my EQ6PRO mate , very good guiding , stars lovely and that detail , nebulosity wise looks to be awsome , shall look foward to the finished product ,

Ah only joking as regards the MOUNTS ,mumble mumble ,

Rog heheeheh

what can i flog next !!!!! wanders off , :D

Thanks guys, out gathering more data at the mo. Guided KK. Really chose this target to test out the FLT 110. Ah the AO, that's a keeper. Ian King reckons AO will tighten stars even on high end mounts - he uses an AP900. Only worth it at longer F/Ls though

Archived