Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Daft question lens cover?

Hi. I purchased the same scope at the weekend and was thinking the same thing! The lens cap seems to fit but just doesn't stay in place very well. There are two pieces of material stuck to the sides but I'm not sure if they are to help it fit or not. Is there a knack to putting it on?

Michael

Thought i was the only one, when i first got my Skywatcher 130m I picked it up one hand either end & the cap just flipped off :eek: , luckily the scope landed on my booted foot & not the concrete floor! Very poor design for what in all other matters is a very well put together scope.

Just looked at the cap on my reflector, which fits well, and it's got a couple of small pieces of felt on the inside. No idea if they're stock or an addition by the previous owner, but either way I think they must be responsible for the nice fit.

Hi Digz, as Michael mentions its just a bit loose so as you say it looks like its a common thing with scopes then.

Thanks for your help :-)

Alfie

Indeed. As others have mentioned a little felt along the edge will increase the diameter enough to make the fit tighter without introducing any hard edges etc.

Archived