SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

January meeting?

bamus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note lets make this meet sooner rather than later. I have had a fun couple of hours out playing with the mount tonight but other than another great view of jupiter I fell foul of the useless cable provided with the mount/handset so couldn't get tracking/slewing/searching or anything else. It really is rubbish. I spent half hour researching why it was working in standalone mode with no MC. Worked for a few minutes with the cable reversed then gave up the ghost completely. Am at my girlfriends house in Kent so don't have any RJ45 cables here to change over with.

excellent - welcome to have a look thru my 250px dob -

in fact before we go out again, gary especially, we prob need to discuss who will take what as we dont want duplicate scope when there are other options... although im not sure if ull want to take that diddy one out again baring in mind the trouble last time !!!! :D

excellent - welcome to have a look thru my 250px dob -

in fact before we go out again, gary especially, we prob need to discuss who will take what as we dont want duplicate scope when there are other options... although im not sure if ull want to take that diddy one out again baring in mind the trouble last time !!!! :D

The Diddy one has 'evolved' it's now a Celestron 4se mount holding (loosely) a SW 127 Mak !

we'll talk about it nearer the time as it's still 'evolving' :grin:

HI All.. i'd be interested in coming along, i was looking at somewhere near here last week to try a dark sky location.. I'd be the same as some other comments, with a 12" dob in the boot can't see myself wanting to walk any distance.. is there any new revised meeting dates?

Mike

BTW - my other thought was possibly the old WW1 Airfield near south woodham.. ( stow maries ) just thinking about ease of access...

Mike

looks interesting and much closer to all of us. do you know if it can be reached without farmers permission? It looks like private road to me.

Obviously I am well up for it and can make Friday & Saturday night. Just got myself a load of Artic grade clothing that needs a good testing out so the colder the better!! Keep me in the loop and those who have my number could you txt me any details as I don't always read on here quite as much as I should.

If there are no more than 5 interested we can pop along to the usual site.

I can make Saturday, so count me in for then if it's on.

i was already going to pop into Blacks in Chelmsford tomorrow anyway, so I will definitely be picking up some hand warmers, so cheers Simms. I was out in the garden tonight and the scope had ice on it!

I can make Saturday, so count me in for then if it's on.

i was already going to pop into Blacks in Chelmsford tomorrow anyway, so I will definitely be picking up some hand warmers, so cheers Simms. I was out in the garden tonight and the scope had ice on it!

Thats where I got mine from - they have boxes of them on the counter.

looks interesting and much closer to all of us. do you know if it can be reached without farmers permission? It looks like private road to me.

Not sure about permission, i'm sure his details are avaialble since it's an airfield so i could possibly call and find out..

Archived