Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neighbours new scope arrived yesterday

Meerkat

I had a call from my neighbour, who was in Jessops, asking me to look up a scope they were selling at £99.99, usual price £250 or something, (haha), a 130mm reflector.

I had a quick look on-line and suggested he wait until we had a chat.

I said he would probably be better off with a tracking scope and by the time he fitted a motor, (if one could be fitted), he'd be better off with another scope.

Long story short, he ended up ordering the Skywatcher Explorer 130P Supa Trak Auto from FLO.

Delivery took a couple of days, it arrived yesterday, and was all assembled last night.

Must admit, that black finish looks gorgeous.

Just hope I have recommended him a scope that he ends up really liking :huh:

I will let you know how he gets on with it.

Steve

I reviewed the SynScan version of this instrument and I loved it - it afforded me one of the most enjoyable observing sessions I'd had for a long time. I'd get rid of the finderscope though, it was appalling!

I think you've given good advice and your neighbour has a very usable instrument from a reliable manufacturer and supplier.

I'm not a great fan of RDF's although I am possibly in the minority here but the supplied finder was really awful. A half decent Sky-Watcher replacement with a proper mounting plate firmly bolted to the OTA would make sense although if you like zero magnification finders, this Telrad finder would be a good match to the 'scope.

Archived