Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Papabear

Hello from rossendale

It's my first time on sgl, I've been reading through a lot of posts and it seems to be the place to go for any advice, I'm quite new to the wonders of the universe but hopefully with the help of you guys and my new scope it will be an interesting journey!

• Like 2

Hi Papabear and welcome to SGL, any questions just ask away, but to make it easier to answer your inquires, it would be nice if you could let us have some idea of the scope and eye pieces that came with it, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

• Like 1

Hi John, ha ha yeah that would help, I've got a celestron 9.25 with goto mount, just got your basic lenses at the moment, but Santa brought me a neximage 5 for Xmas. I bought my scope a year ago but only managed to get it out once due to work and weather, but this year I'm really looking foward to learning more about it !!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your warm welcome, just becoming a member on this site looking at images and reading posts has got me looking forward to getting my scope out, hoping for some clear sky's now, then I will be bombarding you with lots of noobie questions!

Hi and welcome to SGL, i think everyone on SGL should invest in a pair of bellows and we can blow these bloomin clouds away, :grin:

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. A journey it is and certainly not a race, so remember to ask questions (....no matter how simple they might feel) as and when they arise and the experience and knowledge that is here will help you continue on your path. :smiley:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

• Like 1