SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

greetings from the black country

scurry

I joined SGL on New years Eve as all Google searches seemed to point this way . Having browsed a while I understand why, there is indeed a rich mine of knowledge here.

Santa brought me a Nex Star 6 for Christmas which I am enjoying playing with, and if the clouds ever clear off ,I hope, with a little help from my new friends, to put to good use.

So feeling my way at the moment but in no great hurry.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Of all the kit and gizmos out there, sadly there is nothing we can buy to help get rid of those clouds but on the bright side it can only get better - can't it? :clouds1::clouds2:

Clear skies soon and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome to SGL

The forecasters tell us the weather is about to get colder and whilst there are no guarantees, cold weather can bring clear skies so hopefully you'll get out to use your new scope soon.

James

Hello! and Greetings to everyone, I have just joined SGL, I love astronomy but do not always have time to get "stargazing" which I hope to rectify when possible.

I live in the West Midlands and own a NexStar Celestion scope.

I am also keen on learning about taking photos using my scope and camera (Nikon D300) so anyone who can help advise me I would be most grateful as I am complete novice in this field, I look forward to chatting and exchanging mails from other /novice/keen astronomers. :laugh:

Hello! and Greetings to everyone, I have just joined SGL, I love astronomy but do not always have time to get "stargazing" which I hope to rectify when possible.

I live in the West Midlands and own a NexStar Celestion scope.

I am also keen on learning about taking photos using my scope and camera (Nikon D300) so anyone who can help advise me I would be most grateful as I am complete novice in this field, I look forward to chatting and exchanging mails from other /novice/keen astronomers. :laugh:

The usual recommendation for people interested in astro-imaging is to get a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count". It's a very good introduction to the area and will provide a huge amount of useful information to allow you to make informed decisions about what you really want to do.

There are quite a few different NexStar models I think and what you might be able to achieve with your camera depends on which you have.

James

Archived