Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Power Tank.

Hi everyone.,

A question for anyone in the UK who has the Celestron Power Tank.

Did your unit come with the mains adapter that connected straight to a UK 3 pin socket or did you get a shaver socket adapter to convert from a 2 pin plug to a 3 pin plug?

Regards Dean

Thanks everyone,

The only problem with using the shaving adapter supplied is the 2 pin holes are in the vertical orientation, the adapter (which is quite heavy) is in the horizontal plane. This is unsafe in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clarify please.

All PowerTanks sold up a few months ago were supplied with AC adapters with American type two-pin plugs. We dropped in a 2pin to 3pin adapter for the UK.

More recently Celestron has changed the specifications and now all PowerTanks are supplied with an AC adaptor that can be fitted with either a US or European 2 pin or the UK style 3 pin plug.

As soon as we were aware of this change we stopped dropping in the shaver adaptor as it was no longer needed.

I do not understand why this batch arrived with the old style AC adaptor as the PowerTanks are one of our biggest selling SKU's. Celestron or the factory must have delivered a batch of the old specification 17ah PowerTanks for whatever reason. This caught us by surprise and as soon as we realised that the AC adaptor was USA spec we started including the 2pin to 3pin adaptor again. This was also sent out to all customers who had recently purchased a PowerTank as well.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. I have sent FLO a replacement new style AC adapter that fits directly into the UK mains for you.

Archived