SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello..

Alfie_Bongo

Thank you all for your kind welcome!

the scope I went for is the Celestron Astromaster 130EQ....I am going to an event on Friday this week to try and get some more help with my scope as I'm not 100% sure I've set it up properly.

Alfie.

Hi Alfie,

Well done getting in early on the scope before SGL hits the screens - welcom to this forum, which Im sure you will find very useful both in starting and continuing your interest.

Lets hope the skies clear and we can all get out and do some observing over the next few weeks and months.

Jake

Hi Alfie and welcome to the forum. Good idea buying the Celestron Astromaster 130 EQ before the mad rush starts after BBC's Stargazing Live. It's such a popular event that inspires many new people to want to explore the night sky. Lets hope the weather clears for you to test the scope out and to enable you to get you up and running with astronomy. I know they generally include free planetarium software with your scope but in addition you might want to think about downloading another free piece of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can read about here and which is popular with many members here. Lots of great features including the ability to calibrate it with your precise viewing location, allowing you to generate a simulated night sky that is identical to one you will see with your scope and it is presented in real time. Stellarium is great for helping you find objects of interest along with identifying those that you discover along the way and it also offers a date/time feature which allows you to project into the future to see what's coming up and when which makes planning your observing session a real breeze. Hope that helps.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Alfie and welcome to SGL, as James has remarked, well done on the forward planning, but I bet you forgot to ask the supplier to put in the cloud free package :rolleyes: any problems just ask, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Archived