SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello

Mathu Ali

Hey all, My name is Mathu and I live in Wigan. Iv come to the community to get some advice on telescopes and cameras. I have been interested in space and astronomy for many years but now I want to get involved more.

Welcome to SGL

Does "get some advice on telescopes and cameras" mean that your interest is in astrophotography? If so I'd recommend reading Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" to give you a good idea of where you might want to be heading.

James

Hi Mathu and welcome to SGL, I should research the subject as much as you can, whether by open discussion through the forum, or through reading up on the subject, before making any decision on Astro equipment purchases. The addition of photography, is also going to extend your budget somewhat and before dipping your toe in this pond, it might be worthwhile, as already mentioned, investing in a copy of "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards, available through FLO, see top of page, as you could well end up investing in camera gear, that in the long run you may not use. Posting in the various sections of the forum, including imaging, should, no doubt be of benefit to you. If you want to start into Astronomy on a steady learning path, then invest in a pair of binoculars, to learn the night sky and progress from there, many have found this way to be an enjoyable introduction to the hobby without a great deal of initial expense. As your knowledge grows, you will then be in a position to venture into the world of telescopes and Astrophotography :)

John.

Welcome to SGL, you've come to the best place for advice just think carefully where you'd like to begin and progress to, it can prove expensive if you go in the wrong direction. Ask away there are lots of members at many skill levels who are always happy to help

Hi Mathu and welcome to the forum. Well if you're interested in astronomy then this is certainly the right place to ask questions and generally improve your knowledge. Astronomy isn't difficult but there is a lot of it that keeps changing so I suppose we're all beginners really.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived