SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

continuation of Sky at night

wookie1965

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, hope you enjoyed tonight's program, a lot of hard work went into it and I think it was truly magical. I hope we did Patrick proud. The Sky at Night programs I spoke about on Twitter will be presented by Chris Linttot, Pete Lawrence, Chris North and myself. I thank you all for your support.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Thanks Paul ! it was very moving watching tonight's program , I have a small telescope in my balcony just like the one the lady was using to see the shopping trolley !, its amazing what you can actually see with a 76mm reflector ! even better when you upgrade the eyepieces and thanks to Patrick I don't need a computer to find things in the sky

looking forward to watching you all on the sky at night Patrick would want it to continue

Just watched the show on Iplayer with a tear in my eye at the very respectful and fitting end of the show. I sincerely hope that the team of the two Chris', Paul and Pete continue the show following in the footsteps of Patrick. They have my full and unstinting support.

thanks for keeping us updated Paul and great news that you all get to stay on, i really look forward to seeing yourself and pete on the show you make a great team, keep up the good work.

Hi all, hope you enjoyed tonight's program, a lot of hard work went into it and I think it was truly magical. I hope we did Patrick proud. The Sky at Night programs I spoke about on Twitter will be presented by Chris Linttot, Pete Lawrence, Chris North and myself. I thank you all for your support.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Thankyou for taking the time to post.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Was a great show paul. Long may the Sky At Night continue.

Grant.....

Very nice ending to the show last night, very sad we won't be seeing sir patrick again, I'm sure he had been predicting his demise since the 1980s lol I hope S @ N continues I'm sure he would have wanted that..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Best wishes,

-Paul.

A very fine program Paul, great to see so many new amateurs on Sir Patrick's lawn learning how to use their new scopes. Very glad to the the S@N is to continue -just how Sir Patrick would have wanted.

Thanks to you all for your kind remarks, it really does mean a great deal to myself and the rest of us that both Patrick and the program is so well loved and highly regarded. Patrick very much wanted the program to continue after his passing, he often said this. He also wanted the program to continue with the team he had put in place. I will pass on your best wishes to the rest of the guys. If you've not already found it, further information on upcomming programs, times of transmission and other stuff can be found at our website here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mk7h

Let the good work continue I say! Keep looking up;-)

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Just watched the last episode of The Sky at night that featured Sir Patrick Moore, anybody else moved to tears? I honestly didn't know how much of an impression the man had on my life.RIP Sir Pat

thanks to all, and long may his legacy continue.

Archived