Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Observing and Accommodation Help Please

Dellis

Dependant upon the weather Roo and I are planning to head up to Galloway Forest Park or thereabouts. Anyway I after ideas for accommodation, we're happy camping generally but with the ground being so wet it's not really ideal so I was wondering if anyone knows of a caravan/campsite that offers static caravans that may be persuaded to rent one for a night or two. Alternatively a B&B that is late night friendly and somewhere dark would be up for consideration. I've seen a couple of places that may be suitable but thought I'd look for some first hand experience before diving in.

Dave

The Galloway Astro Centre do accomodation: http://www.gallowayastro.com/

Other then that search through a google search for Gakkoway Dark Sky Park, a few opions turn up but never sure how many actually cater for someonw actually returning at say 2:00am in the morning.

Try a search on SGL for galloway as pretty sure this turned up about 4 months ago.

I spent 2 nights at Galloway Astro Centre, it was superb, they have a 16" scope, the owner "Mike" knows the sky very well, good value and great location.

+1 for this. Mike is really nice and helpful and the food they do is lovely! Accommodation was really comfortable, and Mike and his partner made us feel really welcome! Plus that 16" dob is brill - had my first view of m13 through that and despite the near full moon when we were there, really blew me and Mrs Marki away!

Archived